NEW Deadly Decoys FLY-MAL-1 Mallard Flyer Decoy includes 7 Stake Drake qnpgjt1478-Sunglasses & Goggles
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Why Donate with Stanford Blood Center?
SBC is a community blood center that connects local donors to local patients through blood donation.
With our state-of-the art labs and world-class leadership, we are advancing research through support and innovation, while providing fellowship and residency opportunities to train the medical leaders of tomorrow.
At Stanford Blood Center, we love our donors! Through mobile blood drives, education and partnerships, we connect our community, celebrating our dedicated blood donors and encouraging first time donors to become real-life heroes.
Blood donors are life savers!
Have you ever wondered, “Where does my blood go? Am I really making an impact? Who am I helping?” To remind you how much your blood donation matters, we like to share stories of local patients who have been helped by Stanford Blood Center donors.
Mohan Mahal — A Change of Heart
Manmohan (Mohan) Mahal thought he had found the meaning of life after achieving success in his high-stress job here in Silicon Valley.
HEMOBLOGIN: THE SBC BLOG
Sniffling, coughing and fevers. That’s right folks, flu season is upon us. And unfortunately, flu season also means more canceled appointments for blood donation due to sickness.
Blood Donation: How it Works
Before your appointment:
- 19 Spl Lm Mesh Alufelgen für Transporter T5 Highline Kombi California
- ASICS Running shoes LADY GEL-KAYANO 24-slim TJG760 blueee Purple US5(22.5cm)
- Carbon Fiber Racing Drop Integrated Bar Stem Handle bar for Road Bike Bicycle
- Deep See Aqua Glide Snorkeling Fins
- Lezyne Strip Drive Pro 300LM Tail Light + Tech Drive HP Hand Pump - GIFT Bundle
- NEW Lorna Jane Ultimate Gym Bag
- Always be sure to drink plenty of water before donating blood!
- Eat an iron-rich meal. Eating enough iron is essential to ensuring that your hemoglobin level is right for donating. You can check out some NEW LIFESTRAW GO 2 STAGE WATER FILTER BOTTLE BPA FREE PLASTIC HIKE TRAVEL PURPLE.
- Bring your donor ID. If you have a donor ID, be sure to bring it with you to your appointment. First time donors or returning donors without a donor ID card should bring a valid state-issued photo identification.
Avoid alcohol and fatty foods for 24 hours, and aspirin (if donating platelets) for 48 hours before your donation.
The Donation Process
Congratulations, you made an appointment to donate blood and save lives! So what happens now? There are four basic steps to every blood donation:
- Medical History
- Rest & Refreshments
After your blood donation:
Avoid alcoholic beverages and vigorous exercise for at least 24 hours after donating, and be sure to keep that bandage on for a few hours!
Please call our post-donation callback line at (650) 725-9968 immediately if you:
- feel that your blood should not be given to a patient;
- are not sure that your blood is safe
Where does my blood go?
Learn about the life of blood through a new donor’s eye.
It’s my first time donating blood. I walk into Stanford Blood Center (SBC) and I don’t know what to expect.