Helly Hansen Selkirk Mens Ski Pants qnkjwa6342-Coats & Jackets
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Why Donate with Stanford Blood Center?
SBC is a community blood center that connects local donors to local patients through blood donation.
With our state-of-the art labs and world-class leadership, we are advancing research through support and innovation, while providing fellowship and residency opportunities to train the medical leaders of tomorrow.
At Stanford Blood Center, we love our donors! Through mobile blood drives, education and partnerships, we connect our community, celebrating our dedicated blood donors and encouraging first time donors to become real-life heroes.
Blood donors are life savers!
Have you ever wondered, “Where does my blood go? Am I really making an impact? Who am I helping?” To remind you how much your blood donation matters, we like to share stories of local patients who have been helped by Stanford Blood Center donors.
Mohan Mahal — A Change of Heart
Manmohan (Mohan) Mahal thought he had found the meaning of life after achieving success in his high-stress job here in Silicon Valley.
HEMOBLOGIN: THE SBC BLOG
Sniffling, coughing and fevers. That’s right folks, flu season is upon us. And unfortunately, flu season also means more canceled appointments for blood donation due to sickness.
Blood Donation: How it Works
Before your appointment:
- Ritchey WCS C220 73D Stem 100mm + - 17 31.8 1-1 8 Blatte
- Shimano SLX SLX M7020-H double 11-speed front derailleur, high clamp, side swing
- Thule RIDEALONG ENFANT VÉLO SEAT ZINNIA Bébé Enfants Voyage Nouveau
- TRP Spyre Road Cyclocross Mechanical Bike Brake Front and Rear (1 set)
- (5.5-7.5 Unisex, Night Yellow) - Thorlo Experia No Show Unisex Multi-Activity
- Carlisle CA-490 Spring Float 1 Dia Oval Lg
- Adidas Wanderschuhe Terrex Trail Cross SL Trekking black
- Carlisle Snowmobile Belt Max 1132
- E-Bike 24V 27.2Ah Battery Electric Bicycle Bike Evelo MATE Serious
- Enduro Hero - Hoody Bike Ninja Retro MTB Cycling Downhill
- Hombre brown con Cordones Merrell Zapatillas para Andar Terramorph
- MAMMUT MOUNTAIN DRYTECH Brown Hiking Camping Pants Trousers Women Size 42
- NEW Dragon Alliance NFX2 Jossi Wells Signature Snow Goggles w Dark Smoke Finish
- Pelican SabreLite 2010 LED Flashlight, Yellow
- Shimano Dura Ace Chainset FC-7900 7950 170mm 10 speed 53 39 tooth
- THERMOLYTE Camping Light Lantern
- green OLIVA ESTILO DEL EJÉRCITO PILOT dormir bolsa con Almohada - MILITARY
- gold LABEL MINT PFERDE PFERD PFLANZLICHE PRODUKTE
- Kingsland Angel Ladies Knit Jumper All Sizes Navy or Grey Was .00
- Mitchell Avocast Rzt 8000 Carrete de Pesca
- Okuma SCT Trolling Boat Rod 5'8 Length, 1 Piece Rod, Extra Heavy Power
- Always be sure to drink plenty of water before donating blood!
- Eat an iron-rich meal. Eating enough iron is essential to ensuring that your hemoglobin level is right for donating. You can check out some HKM Saddlecloth Saddlepad - Flags Corner.
- Bring your donor ID. If you have a donor ID, be sure to bring it with you to your appointment. First time donors or returning donors without a donor ID card should bring a valid state-issued photo identification.
Avoid alcohol and fatty foods for 24 hours, and aspirin (if donating platelets) for 48 hours before your donation.
The Donation Process
Congratulations, you made an appointment to donate blood and save lives! So what happens now? There are four basic steps to every blood donation:
- Medical History
- Rest & Refreshments
After your blood donation:
Avoid alcoholic beverages and vigorous exercise for at least 24 hours after donating, and be sure to keep that bandage on for a few hours!
Please call our post-donation callback line at (650) 725-9968 immediately if you:
- feel that your blood should not be given to a patient;
- are not sure that your blood is safe
Where does my blood go?
Learn about the life of blood through a new donor’s eye.
It’s my first time donating blood. I walk into Stanford Blood Center (SBC) and I don’t know what to expect.